Friday, April 07, 2006

Hugs for my kids

We have an aquantiance (maybe not even that) who is at karate with Remington. The dad and five year old boy are in karate together. They also have an almosts one year old daughter that was diagnosed with cancer when she was about 9 months old. The instructors at karate have gotten very close with the fmaily and so they have updated us a lot about their situation. The family owns a Schlotzsky's Restaurant here in town. But the restaurant has been struggling because of construction shutting down the street that they are on. They have insurance that covers some of the medical bills but there are so many that they are having a hard time keeping up. And even with bills being partially covered they have to pay a $50 co-pay every time they go to the doctor - and they went almost 20 times in the month of January! The mom in the family quit working at the restaurant to be with the baby so they are missing her income and have put their dream house on the market and move an apartment.

We got the email that this sweet little girl passed away. I don't even really know her - I only saw her at katate once. But it absolutely breaks my heart!! I can'timagine how that family moves on yet I know they need to for the boy and for themselves. But I'll tell you what, it makes me give my two kiddos extra big hugs and thank God that they are the healty kids that they are!!


In other lighter news, yes, I am back and going to try to get back on the "blog-wagon". LOL! I think about blogging a lot but I just have not been taking the time to do it. But here I am turning over a new leaf.


Baseball season officially starts tomorrow. It should be fun. We most of the same kids returning to the team and so that is nice. Jock says the kids have really grown and improved. It is supposed to be like 58 degrees tomorrow so hopefully we won't freeze. We have the opening ceremonies at 9:00 am and then our first game at noon.

Well, I am off for now but I'll be back tomorrow - I will, really!! ;)

No comments: