Saturday, December 05, 2009

December Daily - December 4


december fourth

quote:"the joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of christmas." ~ w.c. jones


write:talk about a sentimental piece of holiday decor

Oh, gosh, I have waaaay too many favorite holiday decorations! I have so many boxes of decorations it is hard to choose. But I would say one of my favorite things (tonight anyway, LOL!) is one of my newer decorations. A few years ago mom and Remi and Peyton painted a nativity scene for me. It is so pretty and it is so sweet beacuse the kids and mom made it.


photograph:a favorite piece of holiday decor
See photo above.


do:go to a christmas party
Going to the Christmas tea tomorrow - maybe if it doesn't snow too much.
make: wrap a gift
We'll see if I go to the tea tomorrow - if so then I'll wrap something tomorrow. Otherwise I hope to start wrapping things this week. I have never had this much Christmas shopping done this early.
remember: do you have any decorating traditions that were handed down to you?
I don't know about decorating traditions. But I do love getting the ornaments out each year and remembering where they came from. I love that so many of the ornaments on our tree were made by my kids or by me when I was a kid.

No comments: