Saturday, January 06, 2007

Are you happy Felicia??? I am blogging


The other day Felicia posted at ScrapAddict about some people's poor neglected blog and I can't say that I was surprised to see my blog on the list. Don't really know why I fell off the wagon but I'll try to hitch myself back up onto the wagon and get going again.

Let see what has happened in the months since I last was here. Jock went hunting a few weekends in October and November which I really don't mind. I enjoy the extra scrapbooking time in the evenings sometimes. And he is a hunter to the core of his being. I swear he was born in the wrong century. He would have been perfectly happy being a mountain man about 200 years ago. So how can I not support something that pleases his soul.

He got home on Halloween in time to go trick or treating. Peyton was the most darling little butterfly fairy and Remi was perfect as Harry Potter. We trick or treated with Rem's good friend that lives around the corner - Griffin and his mom. It was a nice time although it did get pretty cold.

Let see what else?? Oh, I had a bit of a health scare this fall. When I went to the doctor he thought he felt a lump on my thyroid so I went through a number of different tests and appointments to try to determine if it was cancer or not and if my thyroid was working correctly. After lots of appointments and I shutter to think of how much money - the decision is no cancer (thank God!!) and that my thyroid looks like it is working fairly well. The general surgeon that I have been seeing called just today to tell me that I don't need to come back in to see him but he did suggest I see an endocrinologist. So I will do that but in the overall it all turned out as well as it possibly could have.

November was Jock's 40th bday so I surprised him with a trip to Las Vegas. We have both been there but never together and I thought it would be a blast to go - and I was right!! We had a great time! We stayed at the Luxor which was ok - not real fancy but ok. We got there Friday night and we sat down to gamble and we both lost $100 in like 10 minutes. So we decided to get a bite to eat and walk a bit. After that we sat back down to gamble and I never lost again!!! LOL! It was crazy. Jock didn't do as well early on but he was still having fun. Sat night we were at a blackjack table and this really drunk lady sat down and put her last $75 on a hand and won and then let it ride a few more hands and then just kept playing - very poorly I might add. But somehow even against all odds she ended up with a $500 chip. Well, I was not going to have that! If the drunk lady could get $500 I should be able to do it too!!! So I sat and gambled until I had a $500 chip plus more. I finally went to bed around 2:00 am but Jock stayed up. In the morning I woke up and went to get coffee and walked around the hotel a bit to take pictures. When Jock got up we compared chips - he got a $500 too!!! LOL! We left with about $2,500 which is not huge in some books but it sure felt great to come home with money! The bad part - we are both itching to go back and I just don't imagine it will be the same next time.

We had Thanksgiving at our house for us, mom, Todd, Greg, and Jackie. A nice day here at home. The Broncos played on Thanksgiving so everyone stayed for the game plus a few other friends came over to watch. Since we have the finished basement with the waaaay too big HD tv and the game was being shown in HD we had lots of friends that wanted to hang out. LOL!

After Thanksgiving, most of the household got some illness or another that are just now beginning to go away. It has been crazy!! We have never been so sick and for so long! Remi had some nasty gastrointestinal thing that the doctor initially thought was appendicitis that let us to spend a night in the ER. Luckily it was not anything serious he just needed a few days to heal. But thanks to the trip to the ER (we think) Jock and I both got NASTY cases of a stomach flu. Won't go into detail except to say that is the sickest I have been in a long time. I had it first then Jock and when he was finally feeling better I ended up with a new sickness this time some chest cough and congestion and breathing issue that again had me soooo sick! I seriously would get coughing so hard I could not catch my breath. And my throat was so sore that I couldn't swallow and if I did I would choke . It was really bad!! I still, a month later, have the cough but other than that we are basically better.

In the middle of all the sickness, Jock's mom got here for Christmas. We sent her up to Boulder to stay with Tom and Patty and the kids since we were sick. Her system is so compromised that we were afraid for her to stay here and get that nasty flu. After a week she came back down and Peyton enjoyed playing with her and having grammy time. Although she was a bit of a stinker at times and would not play with her.

Remi ended up having his last two days before break cancelled because of a huge blizzard!! We have had snow this year like never before! The last three weeks have been fairly large snowstorms that have paralyzed Colorado Springs. But we have actually enjoyed it and Rem definitely loved the longer Christmas break.

Christmas was wonderful!! Everyone got just about everything they could ever have asked for and we spent lots of great time with family!! Todd proposed to Jackie who accepted so that was the great news of Christmas. And even before that it was very special that Todd asked Greg and I to help him shop for Jackie's ring so that was a nice afternoon we spent together.

And that brings us to this week - Maxine went back to AZ, we took the Christmas stuff down and we are mostly back to normal business. Remi has one last day of vacation and then it is really back to daily life.

No comments: